Last updated 28 February 2019
Why We Collect Information: Lantern Partners uses information provided by you, or generated by your use of the website, to provide you with any products or services you may request from Lantern Partners. From time to time Lantern Partners may use this information to keep you updated on developments in the business and commercial finance industry and our firm, as well as to advertise products or services that we think you may be interested in. The information Lantern Partners collects from you may also be used to assess the performance of the website and to ensure that the website serves your needs in the most efficient manner possible.
Please note that if you do not provide us with information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or help you are seeking.
Collecting Information: Lantern Partners collect information from you and your interactions with our products, services and website when you:
- Instruct Lantern Partners to provide you with business and commercial finance advice;
- Purchase or subscribe to a Lantern Partners product or service (e.g. Business Planning, Strategy and Business Development and Commercial Analysis);
- Interact with or subscribe to our social media accounts or our website;
- Attend an event hosted by Lantern Partners;
- Apply for employment at Lantern Partners; and
- Contact us with an enquiry, feedback, or otherwise have business dealings with us.
Generally, we aim to collect this information directly from you, but if this is not practicable we may collect this information from third parties, including publicly available sources (e.g. social media).
Types of Information We Collect: Whenever you contact us, access this website or otherwise interact with Lantern Partners we may collect the following types of information from you:
- Any basic identity information you explicitly provide, such as your name, gender or profession;
- Any contact information you explicitly provide such as your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- The IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet;
- The operating system and the browser your computer uses and any search engine you are using;
- The date and time you are visiting our website;
- The URL’s of the pages you visit; and
- Any information provided in applying for employment with Lantern Partners, including your details relating to your personal contact information, education and employment history (including any relevant qualifications), your eligibility to work in Australia and the contact information of the referees you have provided.
Further Collection: Lantern Partners also reserves the right to collect more extensive information where it deems such action is appropriate, such as in the case of any security concerns which may arise. Where possible, information will be obtained directly from you. However, you acknowledge that by accessing the website information may be collected from you as a result of the workings of the website and the attached systems and software.
Information collected by cookies and other web data tracking methods may be provided to third parties for marketing purposes, and in particular to advertise to users who interact with our website or other third party websites. Cookies placed on websites other than our own help us to gauge our business relationships with third parties and tailor our website and services for our users.
Data Transmission: Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Lantern Partners strives to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure complete security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. Our premises are in a secure building with restricted access. Our information technology systems are password protected and we maintain updated anti-virus software to protect our systems (and your information contained in those systems) from threats. All Lantern Partners employees and employee-like contractors are required, as a condition of their engagement, to treat information held by Lantern Partners as confidential.
Accessing Information: If you are an individual, you are entitled to access any information which Lantern Partners may hold about you and Lantern Partners is obliged to provide this information to you as long as it has such information and such information can be readily retrieved. You are also entitled to request Lantern Partners correct any inaccuracies in any information which Lantern Partners holds about you. Lantern Partners is entitled to charge you for the reasonable costs of retrieving, providing this information and as applicable correcting this information.
Providing Information: You agree that Lantern Partners may provide any personal information it collects about you to its debt collection and credit reference agencies and any other parties it deems necessary in relation to providing you access to this website, for any services you access from this website, to recover any money you owe to Lantern Partners and to exercise any lawful right Lantern Partners, its debt collection and credit reference agencies may have.
Disclosing Information: You also agree that Lantern Partners is entitled to disclose information it holds about you without your prior permission if Lantern Partners reasonably believes that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements;
- Comply with legal process or help to maintain the law;
- Protect Lantern Partners’s rights or property; or
Disclosures Overseas: When Lantern Partners engages external information technology service providers, we prefer wherever possible, the data is stored within Australia.
GDPR: As an Australian-based business and commercial finance firm, Lantern Partners primarily services clients and other persons with operations in Australia. We do not target individuals who ordinarily reside in the European Union, and we request that such individuals do not provide us personal data or information. Where personal data or information is provided, we will accordingly assume that the relevant individual providing such information is not ordinarily resident in the European Union, and that the provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“General Data Protection Regulation”) do not apply. If you have any concerns about this, please contact us through details provided below.